Here is what has changed since January 1.
PUSD Career Academy Recognition
Information and Communication Technologies
I am the 1st person to be awarded "Information and Communication Technologies" Academy recognition. I was recognized by Foothill High School Career Technical Education (CTE) Department Chair Mr. Joshua Hill for demonstrated professional career skills in computer science.
Anchor Store Upgrade
Due to excellent customer feedback, eBay provided me with an “Anchor store” upgrade for the holiday season, a ~$900 value, at no charge. I shared the same benefits as large companies like Best Buy including dedicated eBay customer service
Ms. Razi's Website
I helped Ms. Razi, Foothill High School English Department Chair, setup a new Google Site and learn how to use it in a few after-school visits. I also got her the custom domain https://www.fhsrazi.com.
Click the button above to learn more about other projects I have taken on as the informal campus tech support.
Mrs. Dennis' Website
After school, I am helping my former AP World History teacher Mrs. Dennis get familiar with Google’s G Suite and how to use it. I am helping her set up Google Classroom, Google Calendar. We will also be updating the Quizlet sets and Google Site https://mrsdennis.net we jointly created for the new AP World History: Ancient and AP World History: Modern courses coming in the 2019-2020 school year.
I was a programming mentor/teacher to the 257 participants at DVHACKS in January 2019. I was also a submission judge representing CloudCite alongside developers from IBM Analytics and TomTom.
- Suzannah Rochelle - Customer Program Management at TomTom
- Trent Gray-Donald - Distinguished Engineer in IBM Analytics
- Santhana Krishnasamy - Product Management at Guidewire
- Avi Shah - Lead Developer at CloudCite
Guest Speakers included:
- Laura Drabik - VP of Guidewire
- Jamie Beaton - CEO of Crimson Education
In February, I completed training with the City of Pleasanton Parks & Recreation department to earn additional volunteering qualifications. My responsibilities generally include cleaning library shelves, organizing books, collecting trash, handling paperwork, and helping with special events. I also am volunteering with Open Heart Kitchen, helping them collect and use donated fresh produce to serve hungry people in the Tri-Valley region of the San Francisco Bay Area.
My team and I continue to work on CloudCite to improve it. I have been working with Foothill High School English Department Chair Ms. Nadia Moshtagh Razi, Teacher Librarian Mrs. Lauren McNeil, and Pleasanton Unified School District Lead Library/Media Technician Ms. Nancy Tiedemann to incorporate what they are looking for in a bibliography generator.
- The Pleasanton Unified School District (PUSD) Curriculum, Technology, and Library/Media Services departments approved district-wide use of CloudCite
- Listed on Foothill High School (FHS) website [Annotated PDF] [Link]
- The latest CloudCite nightly build adds support for >30 more citation mediums such as journal articles, magazine articles, and legislation.
- According to Google Search Console, for the query "bibliography generator,” CloudCite appears on average in position seven (7) in the Google search results.
- In partnership with Ms. Razi, we are adding citation style guides to the blog to bring more organic growth to the site and improved search engine optimization.
I am using Atlassian resources to learn how to use more advanced functions within Jira Software including Jira Service Desk. Jira helps the Hackdromeda team with bug tracking, customer service inquiries, and agile project management on our applications.