Mrs. Dennis' Website
I am working with my AP World History teacher on her Google Site and adopting online solutions like Google Classroom and Google Calendar.
Go to the class page and click on "visit website."
I also troubleshoot various technical issues for teachers including file format conversion (DOCX to PDF, etc.), internet issues, device setup, and projector issues.
Ms. Razi's Website
I helped my Sophomore English teacher and current English Department Chair with creating a Google Site, adding content, and configuring it with a custom domain.
Informal Campus Tech Support
I troubleshoot various technical issues for teachers including file format conversion (DOCX to PDF, etc.), internet issues, device setup, and projector issues.
I am working with the Pleasanton Unified School District librarians and teachers at Foothill High School to improve the accuracy of CloudCite and meet needs that other bibliography generators do not yet meet for the district.
Hackathon Guest Judge
After mentoring, I occasionally judge hackathon submissions along with the other sponsors' developers. I watch groups present and demonstrate their solution and pick a winner for category prizes.
- DVHACKS - Developers from CloudCite (me), IBM Analytics/Watson AI, TomTom, and Guidewire judged the student submissions
Hackathon Mentor / Programming Teacher
Since 2012, I have been volunteering with BAPS Charities with various service projects and conventions.
- Health Fair: Help with providing health screenings, blood work, and guidance to members of the community
- Audio-Visual Department: Help setup and operate multimedia equipment including soundboards, cameras, and projectors for seminars and conventions
- Walk-a-thons: Help with fundraising for causes like protecting the environment and helping with planting trees
I volunteered at The City of Pleasanton Public Library. The responsibilities were not fixed and varied based on the opportunities available and their needs on a given day.
- Help with Library Special Event: Pleasanton Make a Difference Festival - The festival helps connect Pleasanton volunteers to tri-valley organizations.
Parks and Recreation Volunteer
I volunteered with The City of Pleasanton Parks and Recreation department. The responsibilities were not fixed and varied based on the opportunities available and their needs on a given day.
- Form Sorting
- Pickup trash
Open Heart Kitchen Volunteer
Open Heart Kitchen serves food to people in need at no charge.
My volunteer duties included meal serving, meal plating, beverage serving, dishwashing, sweeping, mopping, and wiping down surfaces.
Facebook Study Group Admin
I have run 7 groups total for rigorous courses. I help classmates with reminders, test practice, and more.
Engagement in the Facebook Group
Quizlet Practice for Grapes of Wrath Test
I run Quizlet Classrooms and create Quizlet sets to help students with vocab quizzes, tests, and understanding content in a subject.
Note: This original class was accidentally deleted so it is no longer available except via a cached snapshot which you can find by clicking the link above. A new one was created afterwards.